Pecan Pie Bread Pudding Recipe
Pecan Pie Bread Pudding
This Pecan Pie Bread Pudding has been one of the most popular recipes on Something Swanky since it was published in 2012. Pecan Pie filling poured over thick pieces of bread and baked to perfection!
If you love pecan pie, I highly recommend trying my pecan pie cobbler cake. It's SO GOOD!
Main Ingredients Needed for Pecan Pie Bread Pudding
- thick bread
- corn syrup
Helpful Products I Use & Recommend
Trudeau Confetti Spatula
Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract
GIR Stainless Steel Whisk
Le Creuset Square Baker
Glass Pitcher Batter Bowl
Matte Black Measuring Cups
Recipe Tips & Notes
✎ At the end of the video, you'll see me pour some maple butter cream syrup over the bread pudding. I'm not including the recipe for that, because I wasn't overly impressed with it (I thought it tasted just like plain maple syrup, which was good, but not really worth sharing).
Originally I had thought to make this Maple Butter Cream Sauce, and I think it would have been the better choice. So if you're up for it, give that recipe a try! Or you could serve the bread pudding fresh and warm with some homemade whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
✎ Some of you have been making this recipe for years and may notice a small change I'm making to the recipe– which is to drizzle a little milk over the bread before doing anything else. I liked the moisture it added to the recipe. But if you've been happy with how the bread pudding has turned out with no milk, then feel free to continue making it the old way!
- 8 cups bite-sized bread pieces
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup pecans, halved or chopped
- Prepare an 8x8 baking dish by spraying with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place all of the bread pieces into the baking dish.
- Drizzle the milk over the bread.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, granulated sugar, maple or vanilla extract, cinnamon, and the salt.
- Stir in the pecans. Add the bread pieces and stir to coat well. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake at 375º for 40-45 minutes until golden brown on top. Serve warm and with maple butter cream sauce if desired.
All About Pecan Pie for Thanksgiving?
Me too! Here are a few of my favorite Pecan Pie Recipes.