Pecan Pie Dip
Get your pie in a fraction of the time when you make this Pecan Pie Dip! A delicious stovetop version of Thanksgiving’s iconic pie served as a dip with pie crust dippers.
CHECK OUT MY FAVORITE PIE RECIPES ON FACEBOOK + GET SNEAK PEEKS OF RECIPES & PHOTOS IN MY FB RECIPE GROUP!
Ingredients Needed for Pecan Pie Dip
- brown sugar
- egg yolks
- pecan halves
- pie crust dough to make dippers
- graham crackers, cookies, etc for dippers if not using pie crust
Things to Note for This Recipe
- Have all the ingredients measured out and ready before you begin at the stove. Things move pretty quickly once the heat is on, and there’s no time to leave the mixture while you step away to grab an ingredient or measure something out!
- I really love serving this dip with pie crust dippers. But if you’re looking for another alternative, graham crackers and pretzels are a great options! I also think this would taste pretty amazing spooned over baked brie… but maybe that just me? 😁
- I used a store-bought pie crust (two ✌🏻, actually), but you can certainly use a homemade crust! And I highly recommend these Leaves & Acorn Cutters that I found on Amazon, because it’s the cutest thing I’ve ever seen in my life. Hands down.
- About half of my pie crust dippers are sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. Honestly, I was just looking for a little bit of color contrast for the photo (and it turned out looking exactly the way I imagined!), but don’t feel pressured to do that if you don’t feel like it. I didn’t feel like it made a huge difference in the taste since it gets covered up in pecan pie anyway!
CHECK OUT MY PIE CRUST TIP IN THIS VIDEO!
Pecan Pie Dip
Get your pie in a fraction of the time when you make this Pecan Pie Dip! A delicious stovetop version of Thanksgiving's iconic pie served as a dip with pie crust dippers.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1¼ cup water
- 2 egg yolks
- dash of salt and vanilla
- 3 tbsp butter, cut into pieces
- 2 cups pecan halves, chopped
- pie crust dough
- Mix together the brown sugar and cornstarch. In a separate bowl, whisk together the water and egg yolks.
- Stir the sugar-cornstarch mixture over medium-high heat in a large skillet (this is faster) or saucepan until the sugar is warm to the touch. Whisk in the water-egg yolk mixture along with the pecans, salt and vanilla.
- Simmer on medium-high heat, stirring continually, while mixture thickens and begins to bubble. Allow to boil for 1 minute while stirring.
- Remove from heat and stir in the butter. Let cool for a few minutes before transferring to a serving bowl. Dip can be served warm or chilled (or anywhere in between), although it should be stored chilled if not being served same day.
Pie Crust Dippers
Use a cookie cutter to cut small, bite-sized pieces of the pie dough. Brush pieces with an egg wash and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar if desired. Bake at 425ºF for 5-7 minutes until golden brown. Let cool completely before serving with dip.
All images and text ©Something Swanky 2018
Have you made a Something Swanky recipe? Post it on Instagram and tag me @somethingswanky or use the hashtag #somethingswankyrecipes. I’d love to re-post!
In the Mood for Pecan Pie?!
Check out these Pecan Pie-Themed Desserts