2 Ingredient, No Machine Ice Cream & My Favorite Variations Recipe
My husband and I lugged our dumb little ice cream maker all the way from Utah to Virginia, only to find out (after the move) that it was broken. #lame
And after spending (what ended up being) thousands of dollars (#alsolame) on this cross country move, we were very, very, very broke. So broke that we couldn't buy another ice cream maker anytime in the foreseeable future. Which ended up being okay after all, because it led me to the oh-so-popular 2-ingredient-no-machine-required ice cream recipe!
I love this little recipe. It's awesome in a pinch, because you usually have the ingredients on hand to make one of the two variations I'm going to share with you today. I make it a lot on Sundays; because we don't shop on Sundays, and I forget to buy ice cream on Saturday pretty regularly. And we always like to eat brownies and ice cream on Sunday nights, hence the weekly ice cream emergency that requires me to bust out this recipe on a fairly regular basis.
The “original” 2-ingredient recipe calls for mixing whipped cream with a can of sweetened condensed milk. Easy peasy, right?
Well, it turns out it gets even easier than that! You can also use Cool Whip in place of the whipped cream! I mean, really– how much simpler could a recipe get?
- Whisk together the Cool Whip and the sweetened condensed milk until combined.
- Pour in a freezer safe container, cover, and freeze for at least 4-6 hours or overnight!
- Serves 8-12
My favorite variations of this recipe:
- Cheesecake: Mix the following ingredients with the sweetened condensed milk before adding the whipped cream: 8 oz. brick of cream cheese 1/4 cup softened butter, 1 tbsp lemon juice, and 1 tsp vanilla. Omit 8 oz of Cool Whip or 1 cup cream. This is the base I used for my Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream, which has been a reader favorite and my #2 favorite flavor! (my #1 is Nutter Butter S'mores Ice Cream).
- Peanut Butter/Nutella: mix 1/2 cup of peanut butter or Nutella with the sweetened condensed milk before adding the Cool Whip or whipped cream.
- Add any Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Flavor Packet! (I used Key Lime in this recipe and loved it!)
Easy Ice Cream from Friends:
Don't miss a bite! Connect with Something Swanky: