BoBerry Biscuits Copycat Recipe
our favorite Chicken and Biscuits fast food chain is Bojangles.
- Biscuit Dough* (prepared either from a baking mix or from scratch, not from a can)
- 1 cup smashed blueberries
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1-3 tbsp. milk
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- Gently fold the blueberries into the biscuit dough using a wooden spoon– try to mix a little as possible.
- Dump the dough out onto a floured surface, and, using floured hands, press and flatten the dough out to be about 1″ thick.
- Cut out rounds using a biscuit cutter.
- Bake according to biscuit recipe directions.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk– adding the milk gradually, 1 tbsp. at a time, until you’ve reached your desired consistency for a glaze.
- Spoon the glaze over the biscuits right out of the oven and serve hot.
*I love using Bisquik, but I’m also providing my favorite from-scratch recipe below…
- 2 c. flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 6 tbsp. very cold butter
- 2 tbsp, shortening
- 1 cup chilled buttermilk
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cut in the butter and shortening using a knife or pastry cutter.
- Create a well in the center of the bowl and fill with the buttermilk.
- Use a wooden spoon to gently mix just until dough forms.
- Knead dough only 2 or 3 times on a well flour surface.
- Press out to about 1″ thick and cut rounds with a biscuit cutter.
- Bake at 450º for 12 minutes.