Reese’s Pieces Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
I love Rice Krispie Treats. I mean, I know everyone loves them. But, like, I really love them.
Mostly because I am the world's most major procrastinator. I live my life on the “last minute.” I know some people make it sound like a fun thing, saying people like us are “spontaneous,” or that we like to “fly by the seat of our pants.” But the truth is: I don't think anyone reeeeealllly likes to live like that.
I'd love to be orderly, put together, and all cleaned up all the time. That's how my mom is, and it's a trait that I idolize (and clearly didn't inherit any of). But for the rest of us…. we have to find little short cuts to make life go a little smoother.
And Rice Krispie Treats are totally one of my short cuts!
I love that rice krispie treats are mixing bowl to mouth in literally about 10 minutes. Annnnnnnnnd there's so much you can easily do to switch them up and make them impressive with little to no effort or additional time!
Take these treats for example– obviously, I added Reese's Pieces which makes them pretty delicious in itself. But there's another subtle variation that you can't see: peanut butter. By simply subbing peanut butter for the butter in a normal RKT recipe, you give these krispies an entirely new taste that takes them to a new level of awesome.
These treats are simply amazing and totally easy to whip up in no time at all. They make an extra special after-school snack or lunchbox treat for your peanut butter-loving kids!
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 5 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1 1/3 cups Reese's Pieces Minis
- Place the marshmallows and peanut butter in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave for 90 seconds. Stir melted marshmallows and peanut butter until smooth.
- Stir in the puffed rice cereal, and stir until the cereal is coated completely.
- Mix in the Reese's Pieces.
- Gently press the mixture into a 9x9 baking dish (either greased well or lined with parchment paper or foil). Let cool for about 30 minutes or speed set the treats by placing in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes (or the freezer for 5 minutes).
- Cut into squares and serve.
- Store in an airtight container (or wrap) for up to a week.
Have you made a Something Swanky recipe? Post it on Instagram and tag me @somethingswanky or use the hashtag #somethingswankyrecipes. I’d love to re-post!
Be sure to also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, and in the Something Swanky Dessert Recipes Facebook group!