Homemade Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Larabars
Oh you guys. I have two words for you: bomb. diggity.
Have you tried the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Lara bars? They're pretty awesome for a couple of reasons. One, they're delicious. And two, they're made of a very few simple and wholesome ingredients. They are so simple, in fact, that you can literally look on the nutrition label and then run to your own kitchen to make them.
All you'll need are: dates, peanuts, dark chocolate chips, and a pinch of salt.
If you're not a dates/dried fruit person, seriously don't even worry about it. I detest dried fruit– blech! But these are absolutely divine. They taste like dessert… really they do! And they're easy to pack up and eat on the go. You can keep these chilled (they'll be a little firmer) or you can keep them at room temp, which makes them really convenient since you can have them on hand wherever you go.
Seriously, these are my new fave snack and a total staple in our house now. Although, I have to admit that I think I like my almond version of these just a teensy bit better, so definitely check that recipe out too! No matter which version you go with, you're going to love how simple these are to make and how yummy they are to eat!
- 8 ounces pitted dates
- 2/3 cup peanuts
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips*
- pinch salt
- Place all ingredients in a food processor. Blend until all ingredients have formed one big mass, and you can no longer see large pieces of peanuts.
- Press into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper (just about any size will do).
- Refrigerate to help them firm up or let them cool at room temperature before cutting into bars.
- Best eaten chilled or at room temperature.
- Wrap individually and store at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
*Optional: you may want to add another tablespoon of chocolate chips after processing to be more like the packaged version, but this isn't necessary.
I don't know what this recipe's shelf life it, but I imagine it's pretty lengthy. Feel free to leave me a comment if you figure it out!
Don't miss a bite!
Connect with Something Swanky:
I think you'll LOVE these recipes too: