Chocolate Almond Date Balls
I. am. obsessed.
Like waking up in the night thinking about them crazy-obsessed. In fact, I start feeling a little Seussical when I start talking about these chocolate almond date balls…
I could eat them with a fox… in a box… with a mouse… in a house…
You get the idea.
And the best part is that they are made up of three easy to find, wholesome ingredients: dates, almonds, and dark chocolate. They are ridiculously simple to make. Like, if you can push a button, you can make these.
Because that’s really all it takes. Toss all of the ingredients into a food processor, hold the button until everything turns into one big blob. Then scoop out and roll the blob into bite-sized balls! The chocolate gets a little melt-y while processing, so it’s best to wait until everything has cooled down before eating them– but that’s quickly done in the refrigerator.
I like eating them both chilled and at room temp. So whatever works best for you!
- 8 oz pitted dates
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate (the darker the better)
- 2/3 cup raw almonds
- Place all ingredients in a food processor. Blend until all ingredients have formed one big mass, and you can no longer see large pieces of almonds.
- Scoop into balls and place in an airtight container (it's ok if they stick to each other a bit).
- Refrigerate to help them firm up or let them cool at room temperature.
- Best eaten chilled or at room temperature.