Chocolate Pecan Pie
This recipe for chocolate pecan pie is a family recipe that always makes an appearance at our holiday dessert table!
Check out all of my pie recipes here.
Main Ingredients Needed for This Recipe
- unbaked pie crust (No Roll Pie Crust | Easy All Butter Pie Crust | Buttermilk Pastry Pie Crust)
- corn syrup
- chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Pecan Pie
1. Prepare the unbaked crust.
You can make this from scratch or buy it from the store, whatever you prefer. Here are the links to my three favorite homemade pie crusts (they are are SUPER simple and approachable, even for a pie crust novice):
Easy All Butter Pie Crust Video
2. Prepare the Filling
Nothing fancy or complicated here! Melt the chocolate and then whisk everything together. Couldn’t be simpler. Pour the filling into the prepared crust (by the way, I like to use a deep dish pie pan for this recipe, but you could make it work with something shallower as long as you don’t fill the crust all the way up to the top. Be sure to leave at least a 1/2 inch of crust above the filling).
3. Bake the Pie
At 350ºF for about an hour. If the top starts to look like it’s burning, simply cover it up with foil and keep baking. The very center should be jiggly when it’s done, but the pie filling should NOT look like it’s sloshing around.
Let it Cool and Enjoy!
The pie should really be served completely cooled. I usually try to make this the day before serving it so that it slices up and plates nicely. It’s delicious served with homemade whipped cream!
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1/2 cup (additional) chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Whisk together the eggs, corn syrup, and sugar. Add the melted chocolate, melted butter, and vanilla. Whisk together.
- Fold in the pecans and the (unmelted) chocolate chips.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust. Bake for 55-60 minutes. The filling should be slightly jiggly in the middle, but it should NOT be sloshing. The outer part of the filling should look and feel firm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 517Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 176mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 3gSugar: 53gProtein: 6g