Salted Honey Custard Pie
This Salted Honey Custard Pie brings a little something different to the Thanksgiving table. With a caramel-like flavor and creamy texture (sort of like a pumpkin pie), this recipe is sure to be a crowd-pleaser this year!
Beesponsible® and Bee Harmony® sponsor this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I’ve seen variations of this pie floating around on Pinterest for a year or two, and I have been dying to give it a try. Who knew that a baked honey pie would taste SO GOOD? Imagine this: the buttery, caramel flavor of pecan pie mashed up with the cool and creamy texture of a pumpkin pie. If that doesn’t scream THANKSGIVING PIE, then I don’t know what does!
Ingredients Needed to Make Salted Honey Custard Pie
- pie crust (two if you want to make a braided crust)
- heavy cream
- Bee Harmony Honey (I used American Raw Wildflower)
- apple cider vinegar
- flaked sea salt
Bee Harmony Honey is premium raw honey handcrafted for the love of bees. It’s made the way nature intended, with bees drawing nectar from wildflower blossoms across superior forage lands, tended by trusted beekeepers, using responsible practices that respect the environment. Which is why Bee Harmony is The Beesponsible® Honey!
Tips & Notes for This Recipe
- Using high quality ingredients like Bee Harmony Honey will make all the difference in this pie. Flaked sea salt is another essential high quality ingredient. Don’t use common table salt!
- Use any of my THREE super-easy homemade pie crust recipes (Buttermilk Pastry Pie Crust, Easiest All-Butter Pie Crust, or No Rolling Press-in-the-Pan Pie Crust).
- Be sure to chill this pie completely. It’s a great recipe to make the night before you need it, so that it can chill overnight. The pie will be easier to slice, and it will have a properly set filling and consequently will have a much better texture than one that is only partially chilled.
Want the perfect ingredient for crafting the perfect Salted Honey Custard Pie? Order your own Bee Harmony Honey at Beesponsible.com using my discount code, SOMETHINGSWANKY15, for 15% off. And be sure to order the Bee Harmony mini honey gift set too. It’s a set of four different varietals perfect for holiday gifting!
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”7FdhPDsc” upload-date=”2018-11-10T03:29:26.000Z” name=”Salted Honey Pie 2″ description=””]
- pie crust, prepared, unbaked
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Bee Harmony Honey
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Press the pie crust into a deep-dish pie dish.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour the filling into the pie crust.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes. Let cool at room temperature for 3-4 hours and then keep chilled until ready to serve.
- Optional: sprinkle the top with sea salt before serving.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Beesponsible® and Bee Harmony Honey. The opinions and text are all mine.