I totally meant to post this over the weekend. It was a part of my Father’s day series of recipes (I’ve been posting the favorite dessert recipes of all of the fathers in my life), but a couple of them were pushed aside last week to make room for 4th of July posts! I had planned to make them “bonus” posts for the weekend, but you know how plans go…
Pecan Pie is my Grandpa Epps’s favorite dessert. In fact, he ended up with TWO pecan pies on Father’s day! Our recent move has landed us much closer to family, and it was so neat to be able to actually visit with my dad and his dad on the day we celebrate dads! We listened to Grandpa tell WWII stories and falling in love stories, and the bits and pieces I caught (in between mommy-ing and chatting with Dixie) were pretty special moments to hear about. I’m so grateful for the opportunities I have to learn about my Grandpa’s life as told by him.
I’m also grateful he loves pecan pie, because I’ll take any excuse I can to scarf down a slice!
This is a simple, classic pecan pie. It’s golden, gooey, and delicious in the center with a crispy, crunchy pecan top. As with any pie, I love this best served warm or room temp with a big scoop of vanilla bean ice cream!
- 1 refrigerated Pillsbury pie crust or favorite homemade pie crust, prepared
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Place rack on lowest position.
- Unroll pie crust and press into a 9" baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, vanilla and salt. Mix in the pecan halves. Pour filling into the crust.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until set around the edges and slightly jiggly in the middle.
- Allow pie to cool completely before serving.
Recipe source: Martha Stewart
Have you made a Something Swanky recipe? Post it on Instagram and tag me @somethingswanky. I’d love to re-post!
Be sure to also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and in the Something Swanky Dessert Recipes Facebook group!
I think you’ll LOVE these related Pie recipes: