Candy Bar Cheesecake Cake
This chocolate cheesecake cake is completely over the top! A layer of cheesecake smothered in a layer of caramel and peanuts sandwiched in between two thick layers of my favorite chocolate cake. Frosted with the BEST chocolate frosting of all time and topped with candy bars and a caramel drizzle.
I just got back from an awesome weekend in Atlanta with my mom. We went to Time Out for Women, which is all about taking time away from our busy everyday lives to listen to inspirational speakers, do a little shopping/eating, and spending time with other faith-filled women. This was my fourth TOFW, and like all the others, it didn’t disappoint! My very favorite speaker was Tim Ballard, who founded Operation Underground Railroad, an organization that rescues children from human trafficking. It was a tough subject to hear about, but it was also pretty incredible to hear from a real-life hero who is doing something about it. You can learn more about Deseret Book’s Time Out for Women here and Tim Ballard’s O.U.R. here.
Before I went to Atlanta, I made you a cake.
And not just any cake. The mother of all cakes.
FOUR layers of insanity. Plus all that good stuff you see on the outside. But this cake is SO MUCH more than what it looks like.
Let’s dive in…
Oh mama! Do you see that??
Starting with the bottom layer and moving on up, you’re looking at:
a layer of my all time favorite chocolate cake. It’s moist and absolutely incredible. We could give this cake 5 stars for that alone.
On top of that, we’ve got an entire layer of cheesecake. And don’t worry– it’s not really that much extra work. Honest to goodness, it just a few ingredients (I used Philadelphia’s 3-Step Cheesecake, and I’m officially hooked on that recipe), and you just bake it in a lined cake pan. No crust necessary– easy peasy! And, let’s be honest, it’s the cheesecake that takes this cake to the WOW level.
This next layer combined with the cheesecake is my favorite part of this cake. Caramel sauce + roasted peanuts! It’s like a Snickers cheesecake on steroids. If you’re a fan of the candy bar, you’re going to flip over this.
Add to that another layer of my favorite chocolate cake, and wham bam— now it’s time for the outside of the cake!
I adore this chocolate frosting. It’s rich and creamy and out of this world.
And to the top and sides of the cake I added as much candy as the cake could possibly hold. I used a Halloween fun-sized candy variety pack, but you could do whatever you wanted here. In my opinion, Snickers and M&Ms are a MUST. But I’ll leave the details up to you ????.
Caramel sauce on top completes the scene, and there you have. The most utterly insane, decadent cake you’ve ever set your fork on.
My husband and I did not share this cake. Not even with the kids. Nope.
And we ate more pieces than I’ll ever admit to eating. Suffice it to say, I have it on very good authority that you are going to love this cake. Just trust me on this.
- 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
2 pkg. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
Caramel Peanut Layer:
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- Halloween candy such as Twix, Snickers, Milky Way, M&Ms, Peanut M&Ms, and Reese's Cups.
- about 1/4 cup Caramel sundae sauce (I like Smuckers Caramel Delight Sundae Sauce and Mrs. Richards Butterscotch Caramel Sauce).
Make the Cheesecake:
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Whisk together all cheesecake ingredients.
- Line an 8-inch round cake tin with parchment paper or foil (lightly grease if using foil).
- Pour the batter in, and bake cake for 40 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Spread frosting on top of one of the layers of chocolate cake.
- Place the cheesecake layer on top of the frosting. Pipe a thick chocolate ring of frosting around the border of the cheesecake.
- Mix together the 1/2 cup peanuts with 1/2 cup of caramel sauce and spread over the cheesecake layer.
- Place the second layer of chocolate cake on top of the caramel peanut layer.
- Frost the entire cake in chocolate frosting. Drizzle with caramel sauce and top with candy. Keep chilled.