Carrot Cake Monkey Bread
This Carrot Cake Monkey Bread will wow your family and friends! Make it for Easter Breakfast or Brunch, and they’ll be begging for more!
Do your kids watch Daniel the Tiger? It’s this PBS show that’s sort of an animated spin off of Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood. It’s cute enough, teaches good lessons like sharing and being kind. Anyway, Emma’s really taken a shine to it.
There’s this song that goes, “I like you, I like you, I like you just the way you are!” And she sings it all. the. time.
At first, it was pretty cute. She just kind of sang to herself everywhere we went. And anytime we started to say “I love you,” she’d break in with a chorus of “I like you, I like you, I like you just the way you are!”
But we’ve moved past cute to downright hysterical borderline embarrassing.
Because she’s all of a sudden discovered volume. And now she knows she can sing at the very top of her lungs, and she does it everywhere we go! For instance, we were checking out of the grocery store today. And the clerk starts to tell Emma that she likes Emma’s sparkly shoes. She says, “I really li–” which immediately triggers: “I LIKE YOU! I LIKE YOU! I LIKE YOU! JUST THE WAY YOU ARRRRRRRRRRRRE!!!!!!” The cashier waits for her to sing and then tries to say something polite, like “oh, she’s so cu–” but Emma bursts into song yet again, effectively thwarting any attempts at polite chit chat between me and the cashier.
So we continue the check out in silence (two of us, anyway), and I give her a smile and a shrug as I walk off, hoping to communicate “so-sorry-about-my-singing-cinderella-dressed-toddler-thanks-for-checking-us-out-have-a-nice-day!”
Anyway. That’s what’s going on in my life today. Just a whole ‘lotta cuteness. All day every day ;) .
That and Monkey Bread! Last month’s Red Velvet Monkey bread inspired this Easter Breakfast recipe, since it only involved switching out the Red Velvet cake mix for Carrot! The Carrot cake taste isn’t quite as strong in the recipe as it is in some of the others I’ve done (like this Carrot Cake Poke Cake), but I think that makes me like it even more. It has a great subtle spice cake flavor, and the cream cheese frosting and pecans set it off perfectly.
This is the perfect breakfast recipe to WOW any Easter guests you may have this year! It does take some prep time (basically, just letting the dough rise), so be sure to plan accordingly!
Notes about this recipe:
- Yes, I do mean granulated sugar in the frosting recipe and not powdered sugar. I promise, it’s not grainy after about 2 minutes, and it’s a perfect consistency! You’ll love it, I promise.
- I hear people like raisins with carrot cake. So if you’re a raisin lover, throw a handful or two in with the dough balls before baking! I’d rather die, but… that’s just me ;) .
Carrot Cake Recipes from Friends
- Carrot Cake Brownies from Crazy For Crust
- Carrot Cake Truffles from Fifteen Spatulas
- Carrot Cake by i am baker
Latest posts by Ashton (see all)
- Party Popcon Saturday: Cran-Apple Cinnamon Popcorn - December 20, 2014
- Rocky Road Fudge - December 18, 2014
- Vanilla Bean Fudge - December 17, 2014