There’s an ice cream flavor I love called Caramel Caribou.
It’s dark chocolate ice cream with swirls of caramel, cashews, and white chocolate chunks.
This recipe is the reincarnation of that ice cream in popcorn form.
And I can assure you, it’s as decadent as it sounds.
Plus– if you’re a Harry & David Moose Munch fan, this treat is right up your alley
Caramel Caribou Popcorn
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. corn syrup
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 – 2 bags popped popcorn
- 1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c white chocolate chips
- 1 c cashews
- Preheat oven to 300º.
- Remove all unpopped kernels and pour popcorn into a bowl.
- Meanwhile: Combine butter, corn syrup, and brown sugar over medium heat. Cook and stir until mixture boils. Continue boiling at a steady rate without stirring for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla.
- Pour caramel over popcorn and stir to coat.
- Spread onto greased cookie sheet, and bake for 10-15 minutes (closer to 10 for chewy, closer to 15 for crunchy).
- Remove from oven and add chocolate chips and cashews, gently toss or stir in with a rubber spatula.
- Let cool briefly before returning to bowl and serving.
Powered by Recipage
You can save this recipe to your own Recipe Box via ZipList. And they’ll take the ingredients from the recipe and generate a shopping list just for you accessible on your computer or mobile device! I use mine all the time. If you aren’t already using this really awesome recipe tool, take a minute to sign up at ZipList.com (it’s free)!
Please visit my Party Page for a more complete index of Link Parties.