For a woman who has spent 26 years and 6 months of her 26 years and 7 months of life really disliking carrot cake, I feel qualified to assure you that this cake is the best carrot cake you’ll ever taste. Because I SCARFED it. It reminded me a lot of the Caramel Carrot Cake & Cheesecake Trifle I made for Chris’s birthday last year, which was also incredibly delicious (that link has suggestions for a lightened up version, if you’re watching the cals!).
This is pretty much your run-of-the-mill BTS cake, but, you know… with carrot cake. Which obviously makes it seasonally appropriate for spring and Easter :) . The topping is a little special: it’s a sweet whipped combo of cream cheese, cool whip, and cool whip frosting. And it’s topped with caramel sauce and chopped pecans, like any decent carrot cake should be!
I think you’ll love this as much as I did! Be warned– make it when you’re expecting a crowd. This stuff goes down the hatch waaaaaaay too easily to make it when you’re home alone!
Notes about this recipe:
- Cool Whip Frosting is not the same as cool whip. But you can find it right beside the cool whip in the freezer section of your grocery store.
- You will not be able to stop eating this. Just a fact.
Carrot Cake from Friends:
- Carrot Cake Brownies from Crazy For Crust
- Carrot Cake Donuts from Inside Brucrew Life
- Carrot Cake Cheesecake Cake from Beantown Baker