Turtle Pumpkin Cookie Cups
Recently I noticed that these Caramel Cheesecake Pumpkin Cookie Cups have been resurfacing on Pinterest. Which is fine and good (I always like it when you guys pin my stuff!!), but the photos in that post were so old and just iccccckkk!
So I finally took the time to re-make and re-photograph and re-format the recipe, and it feels so great to give that post a little makeover! Be sure to check it out if you haven't seen it before. It was a reader favorite in it's day (waaaaaaaaaay back then ;).
Anyway. That recipe makes a lot of pumpkin cookie cups. Way more than what I'd be able to fit in a shot. So I figured why not multi-task and create a new recipe while updating the old?
These Turtle Pumpkin Cookie Cups use the same base cookie cup recipe as the Caramel Cheesecake Pumpkin Cookie Cups, but adding a Rolo turtle on top makes them an entirely new dessert! And seriously so easy and yummy.
All you'll need is a mini muffin tin (the cups are about half the size of a standard muffin tin and bake 24 at once) and this recipe! Simply bake a tablespoon of the cookie dough in each mini cup, use a tablespoon to indent the cookie when it's warm out of the oven, place a Rolo, and top with a pecan! It tastes just like a yummy Turtle perched on top of your pumpkin chocolate chip cookie.
These cookies would be awesome for Fall treats (parties, appetizers?) and even for your Christmas cookie plate!
For the cookie dough:
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
For the assembly:
- 24-36 Rolo candies, unwrapped
- 24-36 pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease a miniature muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the butter, brown sugar, and pumpkin puree. Mix in the egg.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1 tbsp into each cup of the miniature muffin tin.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Immediately upon removing from oven, use the back of a tablespoon to press the top of the cookies in, forming a cup.
- Place a Rolo candy in each of the cups. Return to the oven for 90 seconds to melt the Rolos. Press a pecan half into each of the Rolos.
- Let cool completely in the muffin tin before removing.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Have you made a Something Swanky recipe? Post it on Instagram and tag me @somethingswanky or use the hashtag #somethingswankyrecipes. I’d love to re-post!
Be sure to also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, and in the Something Swanky Dessert Recipes Facebook group!