Tagalong-stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
This is post #10 in a 3 week series of Girl Scout Cookie-inspired recipes!
Click here to view all of the recipes in this series.
I LOVE peanut butter cookies. Not because they're my favorite cookie (I'm a CCC girl), but mostly because they're my mom's signature cookies. So it's a nostalgia thing for me. She dips them in chocolate at Christmastime, and I always look forward to a plateful at the holidays.
Since we're in the middle of Tagalongs week, I thought it might be incredibly naughty and delicious to stuff Tagalong cookies inside of a classic peanut butter cookie. Thanks to Jenny, the inventor of the Oreo Stuffed CCC, for the inspiration!
- Place a small (approx. 3″) circular cookie cutter on your lined cookie sheet. Scoop 1 scoop (using a tablespoon cookie dough scooper) of dough into the cookie cutter.
- Press gently to flatten the dough until it reaches the edges of the cookie cutter, forming a perfect circle.
- LEAVE the cookie cutter around the dough.
- Place the “filling” cookie on top of the 1st scoop of cookie dough.
- Scoop a 2nd scoop of cookie dough on top of the “filling” cookie.
- Gently press down on dough until it reaches the edges of the cookie cutter, forming a perfect circle.
- Remove the cookie cutter and pinch the seams of the dough together. Voila!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda + 1 tbsp hot water
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 18 Tagalong or Keebler Cookies (more or less)
- additional granulated sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Cream together the peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing in between additions. Add the vanilla and salt.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the hot water and mix in.
- Mix in the flour just until dough forms. Chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Scoop 2 scoops of cookie dough and sandwich a Tagalong cookie in between. Close the seams of the cookie dough scoops and roll in the granulated sugar. Place 6 at a time onto a lined baking sheet to bake.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until edges are set and bottoms are golden brown. Let cool on baking sheet before transferring to plate or rack.
Don't miss a bite!
Connect with Something Swanky:
Pin my favorite PB & Chocolate recipes:
More PB & Chocolate Recipes from friends: