Kettle corn, Oreos, and marshmallows coated in white chocolate. This recipe is an easy, no-bake recipe perfect for packaging, sharing with a crowd, or enjoying during a family movie night.
This popcorn mix combines two of my favorite treats: S’mOreos (s’mores made with Oreos instead of graham crackers– TRY IT NOW!) and white chocolate covered kettle corn. I love using kettle corn in my chocolate covered popcorn mixes because the popcorn stays crisp and crunchy for a long time.
BROWSE MY FAVORITE ICE CREAM RECIPES IN MY FACEBOOK ALBUMS AND INSTAGRAM HIGHLIGHTS!
It’s Just 3 Easy Steps to Make this S’mOreo Popcorn.
- Add kettle corn, crumbled Oreos, and miniature marshmallows to a bowl.
- Mix in melted white chocolate.
- Spread the popcorn mix out and let it cool to harden.
A FEW THINGS TO NOTE ABOUT THIS RECIPE
- You could use regular popcorn in a pinch, but I really prefer using kettle corn for a candy coated popcorn mix. Even though I use a melting chocolate candy (more on that in the next bullet point) designed for coating, there’s still enough moisture in it to make the popcorn a little less crisp than I’d like it. It also shortens the shelf life quite a bit to use regular popcorn instead of kettle corn. The sugar coating on kettle corn keeps it crisp and crunchy for a while!
- I usually use Boom Chicka Pop kettle corn, because it’s easy! But you could also make your own Kettle Corn at home!
- I always use melting candy (like Wilton’s or Ghirardelli) for any recipes that involve coating something in chocolate. It melts easily with a low risk of seizing or burning, coats evenly, hardens quickly, and doesn’t melt immediately in your hands. You can generally find this kind of melting candy at Target (Ghirardelli), Walmart (Wilton’s and/or Ghirardelli), and Michaels or other craft stores (Wilton’s).
- Be sure to spread the popcorn out on a nonstick surface like parchment paper or a silicone mat. This will make it much easier to transfer to a serving bowl or into gift bags.
CHECK OUT MY BOOK, PARTY POPCORN.
- 10 cups kettle corn
- 10-12 ounces white chocolate candy melts
- 1 cup crumbled Oreos
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Place kettle corn in a large bowl. Be sure to remove any unpopped kernels! Add the crumbled Oreos and miniature marshmallows to the bowl as well.
- Melt the white chocolate melting candy according to the directions on the package. Stir until smooth and pour over the popcorn mixture.
- Gently stir with a spatula to mix and coat everything in the candy coating.
- Spread the popcorn on a large sheet of parchment or a silicone baking mat. Let cool for 10-15 minutes to dry and harden before serving or packaging.
NUTRITION INFORMATION: calories 594 | Total Fat 28 g | Saturated Fat 19 g | Total Carbohydrate 82 g | Dietary Fiber 3 g | Sugars 61 g | Protein 3 g
Nutrition information is approximated based on 6 servings. I calculated for 10 Oreos instead of 1 cup.
Obsessed with Popcorn? Me too!
CHECK OUT MORE OF MY POPCORN MIX RECIPES