Orange Fluff Recipe
Orange Fluff is one of my favorite summertime recipes. For some reason, it always feels just right for Sunday dinner to me (especially when we're asked to bring a side to someone's house or a potluck)! It's light and fluffy, and perfectly sweet and creamy. I love that it comes together in minutes and uses ingredients I pretty much always have on hand.
I've seen two kinds of dessert salads that people call “fluff.” One kind uses cottage cheese and Jell-O, and I call that kind Jello Salad. This recipe uses marshmallows, yogurt, and Cool Whip, and is much fluffier…. which is why I call it fluff!
I found this recipe forever ago on Six Sisters Stuff, and just like everything they post– it's a total winner.
Tip:if you're not a fan of Cool Whip, or are just interested in eating a little healthier (emphasis on the little, as this modification still involves the marshmallows), be sure to check out my healthier version of Orange Fluff here!
- 12 ounces Orange Creamsicle yogurt (2 Yoplait cups)
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- up to 22 ounces Mandarin Oranges* (depending on how much you like Mandarin oranges)
- optional: sliced almonds**
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt and Cool Whip.
- Use a large spatula to fold in the marshmallows, Mandarin oranges, and almonds (if you want to include them).
- Chill for at least 10 minutes (although it's better if you can chill it for closer to an hour, anywhere from 10-60 minutes will work). Serve chilled.
*You can add as many or as few Mandarin oranges as you would like. I like to add 22 ounces, but I've gone with less if I didn't have enough on hand.
**I like to add almonds, because I like the crunch texture they add. But, in full disclosure, my husband does not like this variation.