Orange Fluff is one of my favorite summertime recipes. For some reason, it always feels just right for Sunday dinner to me (especially when we’re asked to bring a side to someone’s house or a potluck)! It’s light and fluffy, and perfectly sweet and creamy. I love that it comes together in minutes and uses ingredients I pretty much always have on hand.
I’ve seen two kinds of dessert salads that people call “fluff.” One kind uses cottage cheese and Jell-O, and I call that kind Jello Salad. This recipe uses marshmallows, yogurt, and Cool Whip, and is much fluffier…. which is why I call it fluff!
I found this recipe forever ago on Six Sisters Stuff, and just like everything they post– it’s a total winner.
Tip:if you’re not a fan of Cool Whip, or are just interested in eating a little healthier (emphasis on the little, as this modification still involves the marshmallows), be sure to check out my healthier version of Orange Fluff here!
- 12 ounces Orange Creamsicle yogurt (2 Yoplait cups)
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- up to 22 ounces Mandarin Oranges* (depending on how much you like Mandarin oranges)
- optional: sliced almonds**
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt and Cool Whip.
- Use a large spatula to fold in the marshmallows, Mandarin oranges, and almonds (if you want to include them).
- Chill for at least 10 minutes (although it's better if you can chill it for closer to an hour, anywhere from 10-60 minutes will work). Serve chilled.
*You can add as many or as few Mandarin oranges as you would like. I like to add 22 ounces, but I've gone with less if I didn't have enough on hand.
**I like to add almonds, because I like the crunch texture they add. But, in full disclosure, my husband does not like this variation.