Best Jello Salad
This Jell-O Salad is a must at any family event or holiday meal! It’s perfect for spring and summer potlucks, and you can really change it up to add any kind of fruit that you love.
Jell-O Salad is one of my very favorite recipes from my childhood. It was at every single family event, and I would eat heaps of it! If there were leftovers (seldom), I’d eat those for every meal until it was all gone. It may sound a little strange to mix cottage cheese, Cool Whip, Jell-O, and fruit– but I promise it’s SO GOOD!
Pssssst! Follow me on Instagram to get new desserts daily!
Everyone loves Jell-O Salad!
A FEW THINGS TO NOTE ABOUT THIS RECIPE FOR JELL-O SALAD:
- One of the greatest things about this recipe is that you can change out the strawberry Jell-O I call for in this recipe and use any flavor you’d like! I’ve made Jell-O salad with raspberry Jell-O, lime Jell-O, cherry Jell-O, and orange Jell-O! I bet pineapple and lemon would be pretty good too.
- I really love using pineapple in this recipe. It never gets soggy or loses it’s texture like some other fruits do, which means it stays great in the fridge for days. But if you aren’t planning on leftovers and will be serving the day you make it (or maybe the day after), you could definitely sub in other fruits. Raspberries, strawberries, mandarin oranges, maraschino cherries, and blueberries would all work really well.
- It’s really important to follow the ORDER of adding ingredients as listed in the instructions below. The Jell-O powder must be added directly to the cottage cheese before the Cool Whip is added. Otherwise, you’ll have chunks of Jell-O powder throughout the salad. Trust me– I’ve made this mistake enough times to know!
- You can certainly use low fat cottage cheese, sugar free Jell-O mix, and fat free/sugar free/light Cool Whip to lighten up this recipe! It STILL tastes delicious and the texture is still great too. For reference, I always use sugar free Jell-O and light Cool Whip when I make this recipe.
Best Jell-O Salad
It may sound a little strange to mix cottage cheese, Cool Whip, Jell-O, and fruit-- but I promise it's SO GOOD!
- In a large bowl, mix together the cottage cheese and the Jell-O mix.
- Mix in the pineapple tidbits and pecans.
- Fold in the Cool Whip.
- Can be served immediately, but I like it best when it's had an hour or two to chill.
Calories 208 | Fat 13g | Saturated Fat 3g | Carbs 14g | Fiber 1g | Sugars 8g | Protein 10g
Nutrition approximated using sugar free Jell-O mix and Cool Whip Light
Have you made a Something Swanky recipe? Post it on Instagram and tag me @somethingswanky or use the hashtag #somethingswankyrecipes. I’d love to re-post!