Healthier Orange Fluff
I hope I’m not the only one here, but Orange Fluff is really one of my top favorite summer foods! Typically it’s made with a little yogurt, a lot of cool whip, marshmallows, and canned mandarin oranges. Sometimes it calls for Jell-O mix and/or cottage cheese too.
I’ve been on a mission lately to make my favorite foods a little (or a lot) healthier which led me to make some improvements to Orange Fluff Salad. And I know you’re sitting there thinking, but wait! It still has marshmallows it it! NOT healthy!!!!!!
Yes. I left the marshmallows in. Because marshmallows are awesome and irreplaceable.
But if you can get past that… you’ll notice: I’ve increased the protein a lot by using more yogurt, eliminated the Cool Whip altogether (you won’t even miss it, because the yogurt I use is so fluffy and sweet on it’s own), used fresh orange slices instead of canned, and flavored the whole thing with real orange juice instead of a flavored gelatin mix.
It’s cool, creamy, delicious, and perfect for summer. And– hey! It’s a little better for you too 🙂
- 2 cups Dannon Light & Fit Vanilla Greek Yogurt*
- 6 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 10 ounces miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups orange or clementine slices
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt and orange juice.
- Fold in the marshmallows and orange slices.
- Chill for at least 3 hours or overnight. Serve chilled.