Peanut Butter Oreo Apple Salad
Are you familiar with Snickers Apple Salad? It’s one of my very favorite potluck desserts of all time… crisp and tart apples, creamy pudding and whipped cream, and chunks of Snickers candy bars surprising you in every bite! If you’ve never tried it before, add it to your summer bucket list right now!
Although, if you’re a peanut butter and Oreos fan, you may want to start with this variation of my favorite apple salad dessert! I’ve done a little change up here by incorporating peanut butter into the pudding goodness and replacing the snickers with Oreos (you could even use PB Oreos for 2x the peanut butter action!).
An added bonus with this version: the Oreos soften in the pudding, making it extra extra delicious. It’s almost like having bits of Oreo pie crust floating around in there.
I love how versatile this apple salad recipe is. Consider using Reese’s Cups, Chips Ahoy cookies, or Samoas in place of the Oreos. You could even play around with different pudding flavors too. So many possibilities for all of your summer potluck (and beyond) needs!
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and milk. Once smooth, immediately whisk in the peanut butter.
- Fold in the cool whip, and mix until smooth.
- Add the apple cubes and Oreo pieces. Mix until coated well.
- Cover and chill until serving. Can be served immediately or stored up to 2 hours. I think it's best about 30-60 minutes after making.
- Optional: drizzle with melted peanut butter and chocolate syrup as shown.
Recipe adapted from: Food.com