Monster Cookie Muffins
Like Monster Cookies? And muffins? And eating cookies for breakfast? You got it! A Monster Cookie in a breakfast muffin form!
I have this one MEGA pet peeve. It’s a blogger thing, so just hang in there with me…
You know when you’re on this super awesome blog, and you decide you want to know more about the blogger? So you click over to their “About” page, and they’re all like Oh, I just love cooking so much, and so I started blogging, you know, just to keep track of my recipes. And then all of a sudden people were just coming to my site by the gobs and it magically turned into this successful career, I’m just so blessed, blah, blah, blah.
Nothing gets me hot under the collar quite like somebody telling me their blog was just randomly successful. Why? Because,
A) it’s not true. If they’re actually successful, they’re working their tail off to make it happen. And it’s not an accident.
B) if it is true… I still hate you, because I’m working my tail off to have a successful blog and I’m sure jealous that you don’t have to.
Anyway. It drives me nuts. Mostly, because I don’t feel like people who say that are being very genuine and honest with the people who visit their site.
I believe in being up front with readers. Mostly because I don’t feel you guys are idiots– so why would I talk to you like you’re an idiot and try to pull the wool over your eyes? I’d rather treat you like human beings, who have brains, and can understand that I treat my blog like a business. And that I work really hard to make it successful– it’s not magic, after all.
And the truth is, I do love desserts and baking. But I certainly wouldn’t make 7-10 desserts a week if I weren’t getting paid to do it. And I definitely wouldn’t spend an average one hour per recipe in photographing, another 45 minutes in editing, and yet another hour (at least) in writing a post!
Believe it or not, I do have interests that happen outside of my camera and laptop ;)
I don’t mean to be a complainer though– I love what I do! I love the baking, the photography, the interactions with readers, bloggers, and brands– all of it! It’s really pretty awesome getting to be so creative and learning to develop new talents. Blogging has been an incredible personal journey for me, as well as a much appreciated additional income for our family. I genuinely love the entire process of arriving at a completed blog post.
I’m just saying… I can’t stand it when people act like everything that goes into running a successful (money-making) blog is what they’d be doing anyway with their day, like regardless of the business side of things. Because… uh.. no. You wouldn’t.
So. The point of all this rambling, is that I really like to be up front with you guys and discuss business every once in a while.
Like my Facebook page.
So here’s the deal with the Something Swanky Facebook page. I have over 16,000 Likers. 16,000 y’all! I mean, I know there are pages with a-la-hot more than that, but out of 16,000 Likes, I should be getting way more engagement per post than I am.
“Engagement” means likes, shares, and comments. Out of the 16,000 Likers I have, each thing I post on Facebook engages an average of…… *drum roll* ……… 20-60 people. 20-60 people out of 16,000!!! WHAT!?
Part of the problem is Facebook. They’re only showing my posts to about 5,000-6,000 people total anyway. But still… an engagement average of 20-60 people out of 5,000-6,000 people seeing the post is awful.
So. I’ve made a VERY brief survey (only 3 questions!) to help me get a few valuable pieces of information from you that will hopefully lead to more effective Facebook posting from me. Would you mind helping a girl out and answer a few questions? Here’s survey (see? It’s right here! So easy!)…
**The survey is now closed! But feel free to leave me any suggestions you may have regarding my Facebook Page in the comment section of this post.**
Oh, the recipe?
Yeah, we should talk about that, don’t you think?
Last year I was crazy obsessed with Monster Cookies (my favorite cookie flavor), and this week (while re-shooting these monster cookies) I remembered why: everything tastes better in monster cookie form.
If you’re obsessed with the peanut butter, oatmeal, M&M goodness of Monster Cookies– these muffins are my gift to you. Monster Cookies for breakfast :) .
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 3/4-1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk or milk soured with vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup M&Ms (I used mini)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the Crumble:
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cold and cubed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Whisk together the peanut butter and brown sugar until smooth and combined.
- Add the eggs and whisk until smooth.
- Add the milk and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and vanilla. Mix until batter forms, but be careful not to over mix-- there may still be lumps.
- Gently fold in the M&Ms and chocolate chips (the candy coating on the M&Ms will smear easily once wet, so stir minimally unless you want color streaks all through the muffins!)
- Grease or line 12 muffin cups. Evenly distribute the batter among the cups (I actually managed to get 14 muffins).
- (For the crumble) Mix the brown sugar, oats, and flour in a small bowl. Use a fork, pastry cutter, or your fingers to cut the butter into the flour mixture until crumbs form. Evenly divide the crumble over the muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes. A toothpick inserted should come out clean.
- Serves 12-14
Monster Cookie Treats from Friends:
Don’t miss a bite! Connect with Something Swanky: