Monster Cookies Recipe
Monster Cookies always send me down memory lane. I used to grab handfuls of them from my grandmother’s kitchen, and they are my favorite cookies in the world!
- 1/2 c. butter, softened (not melted)
- 1 1/2 c. peanut butter
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp. corn syrup (I've used maple syrup in a pinch-- no maple taste in the cookies)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 4 1/2 c. old fashioned oats
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 package M&Ms (plain or peanut)
- 1 c. semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat together the peanut butter and butter until smooth and combined.
- Beat in the brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix in between each addition.
- Mix in the corn syrup and vanilla.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the hot water, then mix into the batter.
- Mix in the oats and salt. Fold in the M&Ms and chocolate chips.
- Scoop cookie dough by rounded tablespoons onto a parchment or silicon lined baking sheet. Bake for 9 minutes, until the edges look set and golden, but the top is not brown.
There is no flour in this recipe. I promise, they'll still turn out just right 🙂