Rice Krispies Treats Cake Batter Cupcakes & How to Fill a Frosting Bag Mess-lessly
- 1 recipe Rice Krispies Treats, prepared but not completely cooled
- add 1 tbsp. white cake mix into the melted marshmallow mixture
- 1 buttercream recipe, prepared (or store bought frosting)
- a cupcake tin (silicone liners make this easier, but they aren’t necessary)
- Non-stick spray
- Sprinkles (optional)
1. Scoop two 1/4 cups of the rice krispies treats mixture into each well greased or lined muffin tin. Pat the first scoop down firmly into the tin. Round the second scoop on top, using a well greased rubber spatula, to resemble the top of a cupcake.
2. Prepare the butter cream and fill frosting bags for piping.
3. Roll out a comfortable 2 feet of clear plastic wrap.
4. Dollup a “frosting-bag’s-worth” of frosting onto the center of the plastic wrap.
5. Gently wrap the plastic around the frosting like you would a present, forming a cylinder.
6. Tightly twist the plastic wrap from the ends to the center.
7. Pull one end of the plastic wrap through the tip of the frosting bag:
8. Clip the end off of the plastic wrap, twist the top of the bag to close it, and proceed to pipe frosting normally: