Cookie Dough BTS (Poke) Cake
Fact: cookie dough rocks hard. Also fact: this Cookie Dough BTS Cake maybe rocks harder. Because chocolate cake + sweetened condensed milk + cool whip that tastes like cookie dough = bliss.
One of the fun dessert “tricks” I’ve picked up along my way is that you can give nearly any dessert a cookie dough “flavor” by simply adding brown sugar, flour, vanilla, and salt. Add that stuff to cream cheese, voila: cookie dough dip. Add it to pudding, and you get snickerdoodle mousse. Easy!
Combine those ingredients with Cool Whip = the best BTS “frosting” ever.
I love BTS cakes, and I really thought this was such a fun flavor. I really enjoyed it! We all love a little extra cookie dough here and there, and this is just one more way to enjoy that classic flavor.
- Once the cake has completely cooled, poke 24-30 holes in it using the base of a wooden spoon.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the cake, aiming to fill the holes.
- Cover and chill for a few hours until the cake has absorbed the sweetened condensed milk (you can tell it's absorbed when there aren't pools of sweetened condensed milk sitting on top of or around the sides of the cake anymore).
- Meanwhile, whisk together the cool whip, brown sugar, flour, vanilla, and salt. Mix in 1 cup of the mini chocolate chips.
- Once the cake has chilled and absorbed the sweetened condensed milk, spread the cool whip mixture over the cake. Sprinkle the remaining mini chocolate chips over top.
- Keep chilled until ready to serve.
- Serves 12-15
Cookie Dough Flavored Recipes from Friends:
Don’t miss a bite! Connect with Something Swanky: