White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies Recipe
These White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies made a white chocolate lover out of me, and no matter how many times I forget I love white chocolate– I'll always come back to this recipe.
I always forget that I love these cookies. Maybe it's because I always think that I don't really like white chocolate all that much. Is anybody else like that?
Like, if someone offers me something with white chocolate, I'm all, “meehhhhhh….. sure, if there's nothing else to eat.”
And then I'm all like, “omg, why is this delicious thing SO GOOD?”
Oh yeah. It's because I crazy love me some white chocolate. Duh.
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies were actually my very first exposure to white chocolate. And, as usual, I only ate them because Subway was out of chocolate chip cookies. And I wanted a cookie with my sub.
I'm pretty sure I ended up eat three that night. Because, as it turns out, white chocolate macadamia nut cookies are THE BOMB.
So let's all take a stand for a little more chocolate chip equality in our cookie making. Let's show white chocolate a little more love. And how about starting with these cookies??
Sounds good to me!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened but still chilled*
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp hot water
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 4 oz macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a stand mixer, beat the butter and shortening together until well mixed and smooth.
- Add the brown sugar and sugar. Beat for 1-2 minutes, until nearly creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and mixing in between additions.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the tablespoon of water. Add both the baking soda and the vanilla to the mixer and mix well. Mix in the salt.
- Add the flour and mix until dough forms.
- Mix in the white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts using a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Scoop dough by heaping tablespoons onto a parchment lined or silicon lined baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are golden brown. Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
White Chocolate from Friends:
Don't miss a bite! Connect with Something Swanky:
If you love white chocolate, check out some of my other WC recipes!