Classic Chocolate Chip Blondies Recipe
These chewy, fudgy chocolate chip blondies require no mixer and very little prep work. Their crackly golden tops and gooey centers are utter perfection!
Ever since I made these Butterscotch Blondies, I've been obsessing over what they would taste like with chocolate chips instead of butterscotch! Interestly enough, I discovered that the only difference between this recipe and the recipe I used to use for chocolate chip blondies is 3/4 tsp baking powder. That's it! But that small amount of leavening makes a WORLD of a difference. My new blondie recipe (the one in this post!) has absolutely no baking powder which means these blondies are NOT cake-y in the least. Just chewy, fudgy, golden perfection.
PSSSSST! FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM TO GET NEW DESSERTS DAILY!
Try adding your favorite candy to these chocolate chip blondies. The possibilities are endless!
A FEW THINGS TO NOTE ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
- How do you get gorgeous, crackly tops when it comes to blondies? Mix in chocolate chips. Same goes for brownies. I don’t know how it works, but that’s the secret behind all that shiny, crackly goodness!
- Wondering how to keep your blondies rich, chewy, fudgy, and not at all cake-like? I was too. Until I tried this recipe. The trick is keeping all the “fluff” (aka air) out of the batter. For starters, don’t use any leaveners like baking soda or baking powder. And don’t use an electric mixer or even whisk too vigorously by hand– both of these will create air bubbles within the batter that will poof up during baking creating a cake-like result. And last of all, don’t overbake! Only bake until the edges are just starting to turn brown and the top doesn’t look wet anymore.
- Want to take these up a notch?! Add your favorite candies or chopped up candy bars. I'm dreaming of blondies stuffed with Reese's, Snickers, and M&MS! Or serve them a la mode…
- 1/2 cup butter , melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Prepare an 8x8 baking dish by lightly coating with nonstick cooking spray and lining with parchment paper.
Mix together first the butter and brown sugar; then mix in the beaten egg and the vanilla.
Fold in the flour, salt, and chocolate chips until batter forms.
Pour batter in the baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven when the edges are just starting to turn golden brown and the top appears no longer wet (but still has a shine).
Let cool completely before cutting.
Calories 310 | Total Fat 16g | Carbohydrates 37g | Fiber 0g | Sugars 19g | Protein 2 g
More recipes I think you'll love!