Caramel Carrot Cake & Cheesecake Trifle Recipe
Layers of carrot cake, caramel sauce, and a cheesecake filling make this Carrot Cake Cheesecake Trifle unbeatable!
I've never been a big fan of carrot cake… until I made this trifle! The flavor combo of the caramel soaked cake and the cheesecake filling is AMAZING. And I love adding pecans or walnuts too for a little extra texture.
Pssssst! Join my Facebook Group for new desserts daily.
This Carrot Cake Trifle is better than making an actual cake! Nothing beats caramel soaked pieces of cake layered with a delicious cheesecake filling.
A FEW THINGS TO NOTE ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
- You can use any baked carrot cake that you would like. I prefer using Betty Crocker carrot cake mix, because I can't stand chunks in carrot cake and the Betty Crocker mix makes the smoothest cake I've tried.
- Pecans are a great addition, and you can easily get creative with other toppings to layer in as well! I think both coconut and white chocolate would taste really good too.
- I've made the cheesecake filling two different ways. The recipe I'm sharing below is my favorite– it tastes like actual cheesecake! But if you're in a pinch for time or if you're looking for a way to lighten things up, you can always make a pudding mousse filling instead (1 package of cheesecake flavored instant pudding + 1 1/4 cup milk + 8 ounces Cool Whip). You really can't go wrong either way.
What do I love about this Carrot Cake Cheesecake Trifle?
I think my favorite part is the caramel soaked cake. Carrot cake + caramel is a match made in heaven!! Be sure to check out my Dulce de Leche Carrot Cake too!
- 1 carrot cake baked and cooled, cut into cubes
- 20 ounces caramel sundae syrup
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Optional: pecans, coconut, white chocolate, etc for layering and topping
Whisk together the cream cheese and the sugar until smooth.
Mix in the Cool Whip gradually, whisking in between additions, until smooth and incorporated.
Mix in the vanilla.
Layer 1/3 of the cake in the bottom of the trifle dish.
Pour 1/3 of the caramel sundae sauce over the cake pieces.
Spread 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture over the cake layer.
Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Keep chilled until ready to serve.
Calories 411 | Total Fat 22g | Saturated Fat 8g | Total Carbohydrate 66g | Dietary Fiber 0g | Sugars 33g | Protein 8g
PIN IT NOW TO SAVE IT FOR LATER