Thin Mint Magic Cookie Bars
This is post #2 in a 3 week series of Girl Scout Cookie-inspired recipes!
Click here to view all of the recipes in this series
This recipe is actually an oldie from the last time I did 3 Weeks of Girl Scouts (in 2012) that I’ve decided deserves a makeover and a new chance at the spotlight.
These bars were my very, very, very, very, very favorite recipe I posted from that GS Cookie series. I mean, they are just knock your socks off delicious. And when I posted them (the first time), I just knew people would go nuts over them. Like, really, really nuts. Because they are just that good.
So I posted them and waited for the applause that I knew would bring down the house.
And I waited.
And waited some more.
And all I ever heard was crickets. Nobody ever noticed this recipe!!!!
Which is really just a crying shame, because they are simply divine. The sweetened condensed milk tones down the mint a little bit, so that it’s not overwhelming. The cookies absorb the sweet stickiness perfectly, creating the signature chewy texture we’ve all come to love in a magic cookie bar. And the layer of white chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate create a nearly fudge-like layer in the middle of everything, putting these bars right over the edge.
I thought this was one recipe that definitely deserved a second chance to be noticed!! So pin it, print it, send it to your email– whatever you’ve gotta do to hang on to this one. It’s a keeper!
Thin Mint Magic Cookie Bars
- 20 Oreos
- 6 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 package (2 sleeves) Thin Mints, cookies chopped
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line an 8x8 baking dish with foil and spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse the Oreos until they are fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and process until cookie crumbs and butter are mixed well. Press the mixture into the bottom of the baking dish (use the butter wrapper or a greased rubber spatula to prevent sticking).
- Layer the white chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips over the Oreo layer. Add the chopped cookies on top of the chocolate chips.
- Evenly pour the sweetened condensed milk over the cookies. Bake for 35-40 minutes until the edges are golden and bubbly and pulling slightly from the edge.
- Let cool COMPLETELY before cutting and serving.
Don’t miss a bite!
Connect with Something Swanky:
Be sure to pin some of my favorite magic bar recipes!
Check out more Magic Cookie Bars from my friends!
Ashton is the owner and author ofSomething Swanky. Although first and foremost a wife and mother, she considers herself an online entrepreneur, freelance writer and photographer, and brand ambassador.Her focus is in food styling, food photography and recipe development.
Latest posts by Ashton (see all)
Leave a Comment