Snickerdoodle Crumble Donuts
These Snickerdoodle Crumble Donuts are for the crumble lover! Cinnamon sugar, crumble, and white chocolate ganache come together to make this a truly decadent donut. And baked, not fried!
I really, really love donuts. Like, in a crazy, fanatic way.
One of my favorite things about donuts are the different textures they can have– especially homemade donuts. Most bakery donuts are fried and soft, with a thick layer of frosting. I love bakery donuts.
But I love that homemade donuts are all so different. Some are dipped in chocolate, and you have to bite through that hard layer to get to the soft bread underneath. Some are covered in a delicious chocolate-vanilla glaze. Some are a little bit Irish. And others are piled with cinnamon sugar crumble and drizzled with white chocolate ganache.
These donuts were awesome. Serious comfort food all dressed up for breakfast!
You can bake the donuts a few different ways– whatever works for you. You can bake them in any donut pan, muffin top pan, or standard muffin tin. I baked half of my batch in a donut pan, and half in a muffin top pan (pictured). I decided I liked the muffin tops best, because they held the most crumble and white chocolate ganache!
Snickerdoodle Crumbled Donuts
For the Donuts:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons oil
For the Cinnamon Sugar Crumble:
- 3/4 c. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 stick chilled, unsalted butter, chopped
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
For the White Chocolate Ganache:
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips or white melting chocolate
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
For the Donuts:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Whisk together all ingredients in a large bowl until smooth batter forms. Scrape batter into a Ziptop bag (I usually fit the bag over another bowl, which makes it easy to pour in the batter).
- Snip a corner of the bag and pipe the batter into the donut pan, filling about halfway with batter.
- In another large bowl, cut together the ingredients for the crumble: flour, cinnamon, butter, and brown sugar. Use a fork, pastry cutter, or two knives to cut the mixture until crumbly.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of the crumble onto the batter of each donut.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan before removing (a fork helps to lift them from the pan without losing all the crumble).
- Microwave the white chocolate and heavy whipping cream 30 seconds at a time (no longer than that!) until the white chocolate has melted and the mixture can be whisked together to form a smooth ganache. Once melted, it may take a few minutes of gentle whisking to be completely smooth.
- Drizzle the ganache over each donut.
- Serves approximately 1 dozen.
Donuts from Friends:
Don’t miss a bite! Connect with Something Swanky:
Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | BlogLovin
If you liked this recipe, I think you’ll also love these…
Caramel Glazed Turtle Donuts
Chocolate Donuts with Irish Cream Ganache
White Chocolate Cinnamon Swirl Muffins