You know how your brain is divided up into all these different sections?
And the different sections control different bodily functions…
Which section controls your Red Velvet impulses?
Because mine is clearly overactive.
I have got a one-track-red-velvet mind right now.
I keep trying to throw other non-red-velvet recipes in here and there to mix things up,
but the only thought I’ve had recently has been:
“Hm. Can I add cake mix to this?”
And I really love white chocolate popcorn,
so I’m pretty excited about this recipe.
Quick, easy, tasty, and includes sprinkles and M&Ms.
Pretty much as good as it gets :)
**keep in mind you can easily adjust the amount of ingredients to whatever you have on hand– there won’t be any drastic difference!
**Edit: I added a couple of small drops of red candy color to my white chocolate. It’s still a pretty faint color, even with the candy coloring, but for the picture’s sake, I thought I’d better try to darken it up a little. Tastes the same, either way! But if you’re photographing, I’d use some coloring.**
Red Velvet White Chocolate Popcorn
- 2 bags popped popcorn
- white chocolate candiquik (I used about 3/4 of the package)
- 1 heaping tbsp. shortening
- 3 tbsp. red velvet cake mix
- chocolate candiquik for drizzling
- sprinkles, if desired
- Melt the white chocolate and the shortening together in a microwave safe bowl according the instructions on the package.
- Whisk in the cake mix 1 tbsp at a time. If the chocolate starts to get to thick or clumpy, melt in more shortening (1 tbsp. at a time)– but I didn’t have any problems with this.
- Pour white chocolate over popcorn in a large bowl. Gently mix popcorn to coat with a rubber spatula.
- Spread popcorn over wax paper to cool.
- Drizzle with chocolate, and top with M&Ms and sprinkles.
Powered by Recipage
Other Amazing Red Velvet Recipes:
Please visit my Party Page for a more complete index of Link Parties.
If you host a regular link party, please add it to my Party Page!