Wondering what the Pudding Cookie craze is all about? Well here’s a basic recipe to get you started and an answer to your question!
Despite having the coolest job in the world (my job = dessert), I still have days that I don’t want to work.
Like today. My nose is stuffy, my face hurts, and I so badly just want to crawl in bed with a pint of ice cream and start the next season of Once Upon a Time (never mind the fact it doesn’t start until the fall), and fall soundly into an ice-cream/Ni-Quil induced comatose state.
But I’ve got this little business deal-e-o called a cookbook, and somone’s gotta write it. And I suppose that someone should be me, since they’re putting my name on the book and all. Right?
It’s supposed to be my summer project. But so far this summer has just been one plane trip/road trip/plane trip/road trip after another, and that deadline is starting to creep up on me. Yikes!
So that’s what I’ll be doing tonight. And since I can’t stick around and chat tonight, I made you cookies!
Pudding cookies. Apparently they’re all the rage and everyone’s favorite thing ever.
It took me a little while, but I eventually hopped on the bandwagon and came up with a few recipes that I thought were pretty great. I especially liked these Biscoff Cheesecake Pudding Cookies. Oh, and the Nutella ones. Of course.
Here’s the deal with putting pudding in your cookies:
1) It makes them stay really, really, soft for daaaaaaays. Dorothy once mailed me a batch of pudding cookies from across the country, and they were still so soft when I got them days later!
2) It adds another layer of flavor to the cookies, and, as everybody knows, there are about a MILLION and one pudding flavors out there! You can add so much flavor variety to your cookies by adding a Jell-O pudding mix! My favorite pudding flavors to add are Cheesecake and White Chocolate.
This is a really simple pudding cookie, just to show you the basic mechanics of the recipe. But feel free to get creative and play with the flavors and mix-ins all you want! That’s the beauty of a pudding cookie :)
Pudding Cookies from Friends:
This recipe is a part of my favorite basics recipe series! If you’d like to see some of my other favorite staple recipes, click here!
Don’t miss a bite! Connect with Something Swanky:
Like Pudding Cookies? Then you’ll love these…
Latest posts by Ashton (see all)
- Our Week in Pictures + What I’m Loving - February 11, 2016
- Cupid Chow Valentine’s Day Popcorn Mix - February 10, 2016
- Cake Man Raven’s Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting - February 9, 2016