This post was originally written for Nikki’s Cookie Exchange over at Chef-in-Training.
I was super excited to be invited to participate in this cookie exchange, because really, it just doesn’t get any better than lots and lots of cookies. My mom is the ultimate cookie baker, and she raised me to be the ultimate cookieeater. And, I must say: I’m really quite good at it.
One thing my mom always taught me about cookies– they always need M&Ms.Always.
Although you’ll catch me from time to time straying from this wise, motherly advice; I’ll always come back to my beloved M&M cookies. Last holiday season, I made Pretzel M&M and Rolo cookies, and they were a smashing hit! Definitely new faves in my house. So here’s a new twist for this year: peanut butter cookies, peanut butter M&Ms, and, of course, Rolos.
Get ready to fall in M&M-cookie-love.
Peanut Butter and Caramel M&M Cookies
- 1/2 c peanut butter
- 1/2 c shortening
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 c flour
- 1 1/2 c peanut butter M&Ms
- 1 1/2 c Rolos, unwrapped and each cut in half
- Cream together the peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well in between. Add vanilla and baking soda, mix well.
- Add flour 1 cup at a time, mixing well in between additions.
- Add M&Ms and Rolos, mix well.
- Scoop onto parchment lined cookie sheet by rounded tablespoons. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.