Baltimore Bomb Pie Recipe
Seeing as I’m mildly obsessed with all desserts that get air time on Food Network,
I’ve spent a fair amount of time creating variations of the Baltimore Bomb Pie.
I meant for the Chocolate Chip Bomb Pie (which is made with chocolate chips cookies instead of Berger Cookies
) to be the original DIY version, since you can only get Bergers
(the main ingredient) in Baltimore. And while the chocolate chip cookie
…it’s not The Baltimore Bomb Pie.
And I call myself a dessert blogger.
Thank goodness I came to my senses.
There is NO reason you shouldn’t make them today to go in this pie tonight!
By the way– this is an awesome Pie Hop in celebration of Pi Day!!
(clearly, the ever-amazing Dorothy, math-teacher-turned-dessert-blogger, headed this up :)
Visit these other blogs today for A LOT more pie!!
Mandy’s Recipe Box: Reese’s Fudge Pie
Baltimore Bomb Pie
- 1 Recipe Berger Cookies (approx. 18 cookies)
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp. cornmeal (or almond flour, or flour)
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Chop up Berger cookies, and fill the pie crust with the pieces (you may have a few extra to nibble on :).
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the wet mixture over the cookies. Using a rubber spatula, gently stir to coat all cookie pieces. I like to kind of smush everything down a little bit.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Serve warm with ice cream!
**I’ve been considering doubling the chess (the butter/egg mixture) in this for a while– if you’re feeling adventurous, give it a whirl!
Please visit my Party Page
for a more complete index of Link Parties.
If you host a regular
link party, please add it to my Party Page
Ashton is the owner and author ofSomething Swanky. Although first and foremost a wife and mother, she considers herself an online entrepreneur, freelance writer and photographer, and brand ambassador.Her focus is in food styling, food photography and recipe development.
Latest posts by Ashton (see all)