Watermelon Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
Rice Krispie Treats are extra fun when they look like slices of watermelon!
CHECK OUT MY FAVORITE RICE KRISPIE TREATS RECIPES ON FB!
Looking for a fun no-bake treat this summer? Try these Watermelon Rice Krispie Treats!
A FEW THINGS TO NOTE ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
- Keep these chilled every step of the way. They'll be easier to work with and easier to serve, because it will keep both the rice krispie treats and the frosting firm.
- I used store-bought frosting to decorate these. Pillsbury has some pink and green neons that I love! For the colors pictured here, I actually used a Holiday Green (????????) and Vibrant Red that I toned down with a little white frosting. You could totally make the frosting from scratch though! I would highly recommend the frosting I used in this sugar cookie recipe.
- In case you couldn't tell… I didn't worry about making these look perfect! I was a little sloppy, a little lazy, and you know what? THAT'S FINE. Have fun with it, get the kids in the kitchen with you, and just enjoy these lazy summer days! ????????????
- 10 ounces miniature marshmallows
- ¼ cup butter
- 5 cups puffed rice cereal
- red or pink frosting
- green frosting
- miniature chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, microwave together ¼ cup butter and the marshmallows for one minute. Stir until smooth (microwave for an additional 30 seconds if needed).
- Use a large rubber spatula to mix in the cereal.
- Press the mixture into a 10x15 jellyroll pan lined with foil (it's okay if you need to use a 9x13; you'll just have thicker treats).
- Cover with parchment or wax paper. Roll gently with a rolling pin until level. Chill until firm.
- Invert the pan of krispie treats and peel off the foil. Cut into circles with a cookie cutter. Cut some of the circles in half.
- Frost with the red or pink frosting first. Pipe the green around the edges. Add chocolate chips to look like seeds. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
Looking for More Rice Krispie Treats?
CHECK OUT SOME OF MY FAVORITE RKT RECIPES!