Spooky Bat Oreo Brownies Recipe
These Spooky Bat Brownies are a fun and delicious treat for Halloween parties and sharing with friends! Fudgy brownies with a layer of Oreos in the middle topped with a whipped vanilla buttercream, fudge sauce, and another Oreo for good measure.
CHECK OUT MY FAVORITE HALLOWEEN RECIPES ON FACEBOOK!
Ingredients for Spooky Bat Oreo Brownies
- a batch of my favorite fudgy brownies (brownies only, not the frosting), baked and cooled
- vanilla buttercream
- hot fudge sauce
- candy eyes
Supplies Needed to Make Spooky Bat Oreo Brownies
- 9×13 baking dish
- parchment paper or foil
- an offset spatula
- a piping bag or a small plastic baggie with the corner snipped off
Tips for Making Spooky Bat Oreo Brownies
- You can take a few shortcuts by using box mix brownies and store-bought frosting instead of making them from scratch.
- Try using different flavored Oreos in the brownies. The Candy Corn flavored or orange colored cream Oreos would look awesome!
- Double Stuf Oreos are the easiest to make a clean cut through the center.
- To make a “buttercream” that tastes just like the cream inside an Oreo, check out this recipe for Oreo Cream Brownies!
- You can just eyeball the amount of hot fudge sauce on the top. I didn't measure it out, but I can tell you that didn't use the entire 11.5 ounce jar.
- brownies, baked and cooled*
- vanilla buttercream
- 8-12 ounces store-bought hot fudge sauce, room temp
- 30 Oreos*
- 30 candy eyeballs
- Spread buttercream on top of the brownies.
- Drop small dollops of hot fudge sauce (NOT heated) over the buttercream. Use the offset spatula or a knife to swirl the hot fudge sauce into the buttercream.
- Split the remaining 15 Oreos. Layer the halves with the cream, cream side up, on top of the swirled frosting.
- Pipe two small dots of fudge sauce on the Oreo cream and place two candy eyeballs on the fudge sauce.
- Take the "plain" remaining halves of the cookies and cut them in half to make the bat wings. Press them into the frosting under the bat "heads" (as pictured).
*Before baking: spread half of the batter in the baking dish. Layer 15 Oreos (5 rows of 3 cookies) over the batter, and then spread the remaining batter on top of the Oreos.
CHECK OUT MY RECENT VIDEOS
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”yfED4Dwr” upload-date=”2018-09-02T05:00:06.000Z” name=”Snickers Trifle” description=”null”]
More Halloween Favorite Recipes