Red Velevet Cheesecake Pudding Mousse
I have to confess something.
I’ve been holding out on you.
I am actually the pudding mousse queen.
Seriously. No one makes pudding mousse like I make pudding mousse.
I’ve been under the delusion that I’m going to write a pudding mousse recipe book.
(Go ahead and laugh. Let’s just get that out of the way right now.)
But I’ve recently decided that I just don’t want to. I’d rather just blog it.
Which means– it’s time to share :)
A few years ago, my brother found out that he has Type 1 diabetes.
And in my quest to find a low sugar dessert for him, I found this.
Of course, along the way, I’ve found lots of ways to make it not-so-low-sugar
(like adding cake mix to it. ahem.),
but, at it’s core, it’s a low to no sugar dessert!
So stick around.
I plan on dusting off quite a few pudding mousse recipes in the coming months.
Be excited. For reals.
This recipe is so easy, quick to pull together, looks great, tastes great, is easily fancied up, has about a million variations, can be made low cal/sugar (or not!), and is made out of ingredients you probably already keep on hand.
Red Velvet Pudding Mousse
(4 “sizeable” portion)
- 1 small box cheesecake flavored instant pudding mix (I always use fat free sugar free)
- 1 small tub cool whip (I use light or no sugar)
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 1/2 c. red velvet cake mix
- optional: crushed graham crackers
- Whisk together the pudding mix and the milk.
- Working quickly, sift in the red velvet cake mix (coming from a girl who hates sifting– it’s worth it here) and whisk together.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold in the cool whip. Incorporate completely.
- (Normally, you can stop here, but I found the cake mix added some lumps that you don’t normally get, so you may find that you need to use an electric hand mixer to get those out)
Serve like this, or layer the mousse and crushed graham crackers in a bowl before serving– it looks pretty, and tastes AWESOME (especially once the crumbs soften a little bit from the moisture in the pudding)
More Pudding Recipes:
More Red Velvet:
Please visit my Party Page
for a more complete index of Link Parties.
If you host a regular
link party, please add it to my Party Page