Pistachio Cheesecake Dip
I don’t know if you’ve picked up on it yet, but I L-O-V-E me some good cream cheese dip!!! Of course… after we make it all sweet and fluffy and stuff, I like to call it “cheesecake” dip. But, you know… same diff.
(Did anyone else used to say that constantly?? “Same diff?” Just me?)
Anyway. Sweet cream cheese dip. It’s the very best. All creamy and dreamy and so easy to switch up and change around in so many different ways!
I’m not great with the cute-sy holiday treats. So I tend to rely heavily on color palettes to get me through mad holiday crazes. Red Velvet for Valentine’s Day, Peppermint (red and white) for Christmas, Pumpkin (orange) for Fall, and Lemon (pastel yellow) for spring time!
The obvious choices for St. Patrick’s Day are, of course, the greens: mint, lime, and today’s flavor– pistachio! I big, puffy heart pistachio flavored everything. Especially ice cream!!! And I think this dip tastes just like pistachio ice cream, which made it a home run in my book.
And it’s green! Which makes it perfect for a little St. Patty’s day fun. So that’s cool.
But if you’re not being a stickler on the whole green thing, there’s actually a better way to eat this dip. Wanna see?
Add a few cherries and chocolate chips to make a spumoni dip!!
Have you ever eaten spumoni? I’m always shocked at how many people I meet who aren’t familiar with spumoni. Spumoni is an Italian version of Neapolitan, but using the flavors pistachio, cherry, and chocolate instead of strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate.
And, honestly, it’s about a million times better than Neapolitan. Not trying to be a Neapolitan hater or anything, just speaking the truth. Spumoni is seriously AMAZING.
And turning this pistachio dip into a spumoni dip pretty much knocked my socks off.
So…. just sayin’. You should probably do it too.
(Just had to squeeze this picture in somewhere. She knocks my socks off too 😉
Psssst! Want to make this instantly healthier? Check out this awesome substitution tip I discovered while developing this recipe!
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3.4 oz pistachio pudding mix
- 1/4 cup milk
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- optional: additional pistachios or almonds for mixing in or garnishing
- optional: chocolate chips and/or cherries for mixing in or garnishing
- Use a mixer to beat together the cream cheese and the butter until smooth. If using a stand mixer, be sure to regularly scrape the bowl throughout mixing process.
- Mix in the pudding mix and the milk until smooth.
- Mix in the Cool Whip and vanilla extract.
- Stir in any additional mix-ins (pistachios, chocolate chips, cherries, almonds, etc).
- Serve immediately with pretzels, shortbread, graham crackers, etc... Or store in an airtight container, chilled, for up to 2 weeks.
Don’t miss a bite!
Connect with Something Swanky:
Be sure to pin these delicious dips too!