Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
Classic rice krispie treats with an easy peanut butter twist!
Check out all of my rice krispie treat recipes.
Ingredients Needed for Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- puffed rice cereal
- peanut butter
Try These Recipe Variations
- Add M&Ms or Reese's Pieces before pressing the mixture into the pan.
- Press half of the mixture in the pan, and then add a layer of peanut butter cups. Top with the remaining krispie mixture.
- Drizzle chocolate on top of each rice krispie treat.
- Use chocolate puffed rice cereal (like Cocoa Krispies).
- Use crunchy peanut butter or even almond butter!
Tips for Making Perfect Rice Krispie Treats
- Give the foil or parchment paper in the dish a very light coat of nonstick cooking spray so that it’s easy to release the sticky treats from the lining.
- Place a piece of parchment paper or wax paper over the rice krispie treats to make it easier to gently press them into the pan. This helps to keep the top level, and the treats won’t stick to the paper when you pull it away.
- Use fresh, soft marshmallows. It makes a difference!
Recipe Video: Watermelon Rice Krispie Treats
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”42SZRdvq” upload-date=”2018-07-23T02:30:28.000Z” name=”BEHIND THE SCENES – WATERMELON RKT” description=””]
- 10 ounces miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 5 cups puffed rice cereal
- Prepare an 8x8 baking dish by lining it with foil or parchment paper and lightly greasing with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, microwave together ¼ cup peanut butter and the marshmallows for one minute. Stir until smooth (microwave for an additional 30 seconds if needed).
- Use a large rubber spatula to mix in the cereal.
- Press the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Let cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting and serving (speed set the treats by place in the refrigerator).
Love a GREAT No-Bake Recipe? Me too!
Here are some of my favorite no-bake desserts.