Edible Cookie Dough Recipe
Get your cookie dough fix with this super easy recipe for Edible Cookie Dough!
You guys already know that I'm obsessed with chocolate chip cookies (and if you didn't, here are the approximately 8,485,908,587 chocolate chip cookie recipes on my site as proof). A warm and melty chocolate chip cookie fresh from the oven will always be my #1 all-time forever favorite dessert. But sneaking gobs of cookie dough out of the bowl while I'm scooping is probably a close second! This recipe is super simple and keeps in the fridge or freezer for a really long time (assuming you have super-human willpower, obviously). And, of course, you can add any mix-ins you'd like to make it ALL YOURS ????.
CHECK OUT MY FAVORITE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPES ON FACEBOOK!
Ingredients for Edible Cookie Dough:
- brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- all purpose flour
- miniature chocolate chips (M&MS, toffee, white chips, etc…)
Tips for Making Edible Cookie Dough
- This recipe makes about a cup and a half (with snacking in mind ????). If you need more (say, for a recipe like the one I'm sharing tomorrow!), no worries– it's easy to double or triple!
- While this cookie dough DOES NOT contain raw eggs (yay!), it does contain raw flour. This isn't something that bothers me personally. But if it's a problem for you, simply search for ways to heat treat your flour at home. The brief search I did pulled up lots of ways to do it both in the microwave and in the oven, and it doesn't look very difficult or time consuming.
- I like mini chocolate chips for this, but you can mix in whatever you want in whatever size you want. Make your cookie dough, your way!
- You can freeze and refrigerate this dough (heck, you could even keep it room temp if you want) for a long time. I don't know what the shelf life is at room temp, because it didn't stick around that long. But the batch I stuck in the fridge is going on about 9 days and still tastes ????????.
CHECK OUT MY VIDEOS!
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”fNjnvW3H” upload-date=”2018-07-12T21:31:28.000Z” name=”Brown Sugar Cookies ” description=”If you're a fan of THICK chocolate chip cookies, this recipe is for you! “]
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ½ cup miniature chocolate chips -or- any other mix-ins
- Cream together the brown sugar, sugar, and butter.*
- Mix in the vanilla, salt, flour, and milk until dough forms.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Eat right away or chill for later!
*you can also just nuke cold butter for about 45 seconds in the mixing bowl-- it works just as well.
Obsessed with Cookie Dough?!
CHECK OUT THESE RECIPES.