Homemade Marshmallow Sundae Sauce
Three simple ingredients and an incredibly easy recipe for homemade marshmallow sundae sauce.
Check out my favorite summer recipes right here!
Ingredients Needed for Homemade Sundae Sauce
- heavy cream
Recipe Tips & Notes
- I combed through several recipes before finally settling on this one, and I’m so glad I did. All of the recipes that were made completely from scratch (so, marshmallows aren’t one of the ingredients) had a common reader complaint that the homemade sauce stiffened up too much once drizzles on the ice cream. This recipe, however, is PERFECT. It stays sauce-like after it’s drizzled on the ice cream and extremely easy to scoop up with your ice cream 🙂
- Vanilla will discolor the marshmallow cream a little bit, so be sure to use clear vanilla if you want to keep it pure white.
Recipe Video: Homemade Marshmallow Sundae Sauce
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”1EbHm32I” upload-date=”2019-05-03T20:41:43.000Z” name=”Marshmallow Sundae Sauce 2″ description=””]
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 11/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Over medium heat, stir together all of the ingredients until the marshmallows are melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Continue stirring until mixture begins to bubble and thicken. Let cool completely.
- Pour over ice cream or brownies or anything else you can think of!
- Store in an airtight container.
Looking for Homemade Ice Cream?
Pair this sundae sauce with these delicious ice cream recipes!