Hershey’s Special Dark Triple Chocolate Pudding Cookies Recipe
It took me a little while to really get into the swing of pudding cookies, but I think I'm a die-hard now. I think the trouble I had with them at the start was using the wrong kind of pudding.
I use sugar-free fat-free instant pudding mix for all of my pudding needs. So that's what I use for my first few batches of pudding cookies. But… I couldn't really tell a difference at all in the texture. And, if anything, the flavor was a little off-putting too.
I think the key to successful pudding cookies must be using full sugar and full fat pudding mix. It makes the cookies stay super moist, and you can actually taste the flavor you were looking for when you picked out the pudding mix!
Last week I noticed that Hershey's has a Special Dark instant pudding mix on the shelves! I'm a total geek over their Special Dark cocoa powder and chocolate chips, and I just knew that pudding mix would make the ultimate trifecta of pudding cookies!
I added a sprinkle of sea salt to round out the flavors, and voila! The perfect chocolate pudding cookie is born! They're new favorites in this house for sure!!
- 1 cup butter, cold
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp hot water
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa Powder
- 3.75 oz Hershey's Special Dark Instant Pudding Mix
- 2 cups Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a stand mixer, beat the butter until smooth.
- Add the brown sugar and sugar. Beat for 1-2 minutes, until nearly creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and mixing in between additions.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the tablespoon of water. Add both the baking soda and the vanilla to the mixer and mix well. Mix in the salt.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, and pudding mix, and mix until dough forms.
- Mix in the chocolate chips using a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Scoop dough by heaping tablespoons onto a parchment lined or silicon lined baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are set. Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
Dark Chocolate from Friends: