Cookie Dough Stuffed Rice Krispie Treats
Gooey rice krispie treats stuffed with a layer of edible chocolate chip cookie dough.
Ok, I teased you guys last week with a recipe that incorporated this edible cookie dough. I’m a little late delivering, but better late than never. Right?! These were so yummy and didn’t last in our house very long. I hope you enjoy these as much as we did!
CHECK OUT MY FAVORITE RICE KRISPIE TREATS ON FACEBOOK!
Ingredients Needed for Cookie Dough Stuffed Rice Krispie Treats
- edible cookie dough
- puffed rice cereal
- marshmallows (make sure they’re not old and stale!)
Ideas for Cookie Dough Stuffed Rice Krispie Treats
- add M&Ms, white chips, or nuts to the cookie dough
- spread a layer of Nutella over the cookie dough
- replace the butter with peanut butter or Biscoff in the rice krispie treats recipe
- dip in white chocolate instead of milk chocolate
- drizzle instead of dipping in the chocolate
- add sprinkles or toffee to the dipped chocolate instead of chocolate chips
- try Monster Cookie Dough in the middle instead of chocolate chip cookie dough
- add a stick to make rice krispie treat pops
- use Cocoa Krispies instead of plain puffed rice cereal
CHECK OUT MY NEWEST VIDEOS!
- 10 ounces miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter
- 5 cups puffed rice cereal
EDIBLE COOKIE DOUGH
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ½ cup miniature chocolate chips -or- any other mix-ins
- Prepare a 9x9 baking dish by spraying lightly with nonstick cooking spray and lining it with parchment paper.
- Make a batch of edible cookie dough according to the directions in this post.
- In a large mixing bowl, microwave together ¼ cup butter and the marshmallows for one minute. Stir until smooth (microwave for an additional 30 seconds if needed).
- Use a large rubber spatula to mix in the cereal.
- Press half of the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Spread the cookie dough over the rice krispies.
- Press the remaining rice krispie treats on top of the cookie dough.
- Chill to firm before cutting.
Looking for More Rice Krispie Treats?
Here you go.