Perfect Rice Krispie Treats
Everyone needs a recipe for the Perfect Rice Krispie treats in their back pocket! This one is my very favorite.
CHECK OUT MY RICE KRISPIE TREAT RECIPES ON FACEBOOK AND VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE!
I LOVE Rice Krispie Treats, and sometimes I think they get really underappreciated in the dessert arena due to their simplicity. In an online world full of crazy, over-the-top dessert creations, these three-ingredient basic bars seem to be easily overlooked in favor of “more creative” recipes. But in my opinion, getting a basic recipe like Rice Krispie Treats just right is really where the magic happens.
Ingredients for Perfect Rice Krispie Treats
- butter (I like salted, but that’s up to you)
- puffed rice cereal (like Rice Krispies!)
Supplies Needed to Make Perfect Rice Krispie Treats
- a large, microwave-safe mixing bowl
- a sturdy rubber spatula
- 9×13 baking dish
- foil or parchment paper
Tips for Making Perfect Rice Krispie Treats
- I always give the foil or parchment paper in the dish a very light coat of nonstick cooking spray so that it’s easy to release the sticky treats from the lining.
- Place a piece of parchment paper or wax paper over the rice krispie treats to make it easier to gently press them into the pan. This helps to keep the top level, and the treats won’t stick to the paper when you pull it away.
- My mom used to mix in chocolate candies when she made rice krispie treats for us as kids. Mixing M&MS in is my favorite!
- 10 ounces miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter
- 5 cups puffed rice cereal
- Prepare an 8x8 baking dish by lining it with foil or parchment paper and lightly greasing with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, microwave together ¼ cup butter and the marshmallows for one minute. Stir until smooth (microwave for an additional 30 seconds if needed).
- Use a large rubber spatula to mix in the cereal.
- Press the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Let cool for 30 minutes before cutting and serving (speed set the treats by place in the refrigerator).
CHECK OUT MY LATEST VIDEOS
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”y0eOlyqc” upload-date=”2018-07-10T03:58:24.000Z” name=”Post Cereal 60 sec” description=”If you love Birthday Cake Remix at Coldstone Creamery, then you are going to LOVE this Birthday Cake Remix Snack Mix. That’s because it’s made with Malt-O-Meal® Cold Stone Creamery Birthday Cake Remix™, pieces of real brownies, a white chocolate coating, and (of course) sprinkles!”]