Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
This chocolate peanut butter pie taste like one big Reese’s cup with an Oreo crust! You’ll fall in love with the creamy peanut butter filling and a that thick layer of chocolate ganache on top.
PSSSSST! FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM TO GET NEW DESSERTS DAILY!
This Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie has a surprisingly simple filling. Only 3 ingredients!
A FEW THINGS TO NOTE ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
- For starters, I’ve got a quick video in my stories with a tip on how to get that Oreo crust pressed perfectly (and quickly!) in the pan. Just look for the Tips & Vids tab in my Instagram highlights (I think you have to be using the app to see stories and highlights).
- Here’s an interesting tidbit I learned while making this pie: you can make chocolate ganache with sour cream instead of whipping cream! Who knew? I’m writing the recipe out below to include measurements for my classic favorite chocolate ganache. But if you find yourself without whipping cream when it comes time to make this pie (like I did 😬), simply use 3/4 cup sour cream to 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips. Worked like a charm!
- I pressed my crust into a springform pan, because I thought it would look better for photos. But you can absolutely make this recipe in a regular pie dish!
- I think adding M&Ms to the top of this pie is probably going to be a necessary part of my future. Just food for thought.
What’s my favorite part of this Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie?
I think I mostly just love how incredibly indulgent it is. I mean, every single layer of this thing is super rich and dreamy to the nth degree! If you love peanut butter and chocolate, you are absolutely going to fall head over heels for this recipe.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
This chocolate peanut butter pie taste like one big Reese's cup with an Oreo crust! You'll fall in love with the creamy peanut butter filling and a that thick layer of chocolate ganache on top.
- 1 package of Oreos (14.3 oz)
- 8 tbsp butter
PEANUT BUTTER FILLING
- 8 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Crush the Oreos into fine crumbs in a gallon sized ziptop bag using a kitchen mallet or rolling pin.
- Place the butter inside the bag and microwave for 30 seconds (make sure the bag is right side up). Press all the air out of the bag and zip it shut. Smush the cookie crumbs and butter together inside of the bag until mixed well.
- Firmly press the Oreo mixture into a pie dish. Freeze for at least 10 minutes while preparing the filling and ganache.
- Use an electric mixer to whisk together the peanut butter, the softened butter, and the powdered sugar until smooth. Pour the filling into the prepared pie crust.
- Over medium-low heat, mix together the heavy cream and chocolate chips until melted and smooth. Spread the ganache over the peanut butter layer.
- Chill for at least one hour before serving.
Calories 485 | Fat 36g | Saturated Fat 15g | Carbohydrates 41g | Fiber 3g | Sugars 26g | Protein 6g
All images and text ©Something Swanky 2018
Have you made a Something Swanky recipe? Post it on Instagram and tag me @somethingswanky or use the hashtag #somethingswankyrecipes. I’d love to re-post!
More chocolate and peanut butter recipes!