Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
My mom’s chocolate chip banana bread is full of chocolate chips and is SUPER soft and moist thanks to 4 whole bananas and a little bit of oil. It’s the best!
Check out my favorite banana bread recipes!
My Mom has been making this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread for years, and it is THE BEST!
- baking powder
- chocolate chips
Recipe Notes & Tips:
- If you want to lighten it up, feel free to omit the oil (or sub in applesauce) and replace the egg with 2 egg whites! We do this all the time, and it turns out great. You can also use whole wheat flour in place of the all purpose flour.
- This bread freezes REALLY well. If you have a ton of bananas and are wanting to make multiple loaves, it’s a great idea to freeze some for later! Wrap the cooled loaf in plastic wrap and then in foil. Let it thaw at room temperature before slicing.
- This recipe is really basic which makes it super easy to change up! I’ve made lots of variations that are all delicious. Surf my bread recipes to check them out.
- You can also easily adapt this recipe for muffins! Just adjust the baking time to 20 minutes.
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”hByoVWEO” upload-date=”2019-01-30T23:55:37.000Z” name=”Banana Bread ” description=””]
Recipe Video Circa 2016
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”HokRdPKQ” upload-date=”2018-11-02T03:48:10.000Z” name=”Banana Bread” description=””]
CLICK HERE for an updated recipe card. This one has a glitch (see below).
- 3-4 medium, overripe bananas
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- dash of ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips + additional for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Prepare a 9x5 baking pan by lining it with parchment or foil and lightly spraying with nonstick spray.
Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Prepare a 9x5 loaf baking pan by lining it with parchment or foil and lightly spraying nonstick spray.
Mash the bananas with a fork or whisk. Whisk in the sugar, egg, vanilla, and vegetable oil.
Mix in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. The batter will be lumpy.
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan (top with more chocolate chips if you want). Bake for 55-60 minutes (start checking for doneness with a toothpick at 55 minutes). Let cool.
Calories 312 | Fat 11g | Saturated Fat 8g | Carbs 52g | Fiber 5g | Sugar 32g | Protein 4g
Who Has Two Thumbs and Loves Banana Bread?
This girl! Check out my favorite recipes.