Chocolate Chip Banana Bread – Updated Recipe Card
This is the recipe for my Mom’s Famous Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. I’m so sorry that you had to click on ANOTHER link to find it– but until I can get the glitch fixed on the original recipe card, you’ll be able to find it here :) Enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
My mom’s chocolate chip banana bread is full of chocolate chips and is SUPER soft and moist thanks to 4 whole bananas and a little bit of oil. It’s the best!
- 3-4 medium, overripe bananas
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- dash of ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips + additional for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Prepare a 9x5 loaf baking pan by lining it with parchment or foil and lightly spraying nonstick spray.
- Mash the bananas with a fork or whisk. Whisk in the sugar, egg, vanilla, and vegetable oil.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. The batter will be lumpy.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan (top with more chocolate chips if you want). Bake for 55-60 minutes (start checking for doneness with a toothpick at 55 minutes). Let cool.
Have you made a Something Swanky recipe? Post it on Instagram and tag me @somethingswanky or use the hashtag #somethingswankyrecipes. I’d love to re-post!