Blackberry Brie Pizza & Mama Francesca Parmesan
This post is sponsored by Mama Francesca. Find my Disclosure Policy here.
Ready to take Parmesan to the next level?? Read on, friend. You won’t find any boring spaghetti here!
I’ve loved cheese + sweet for as long as I can remember. It started as a kid when my mom would give me apple slices and a few pieces of cheddar cheese. I’d wrap the apple slice in the cheese and shove the whole thing in my mouth in one great, big, glorious bite.
Sometime in my late teens/college years I discovered eating melted sharp cheddar on leftover apple pie. It’s life changing. You should try it.
A few years ago, I tried brie cheese for the first time ever. And I think that’s when eating cheese as dessert really came together for me. I drizzled it with honey, cinnamon, and pecans and fell utterly and completely in love.
So when the folks over at Mama Francesca asked if I’d be interested in working together, I didn’t even hesitate to say yes. And I didn’t even consider for a moment posting a savory recipe. Because cheese + dessert WORKS, people! It’s a little bit like a sweet and salty combo, but not quite so in your face and a little more elegant.
The trick to combining cheese with sweeter ingredients is to make sure that you are using high quality cheese. Because if the flavor isn’t just right, there’s no point in even trying. It’s just going to taste wacky and out of place. Mama Francesca is premium quality and worked beautifully in this recipe.
So let’s break this recipe down so you know exactly what sort of deliciousness you’re looking at here…
It starts with a cinnamon focaccia crust (I also worked a little Parmesan into the crust during kneading). After the dough is ready and dimpled, brush a tiny bit of olive oil over top and give it a good sprinkling of cinnamon. Cover all of that with pieces of brie cheese (I leave the rind on, because I’m obsessed with it), chopped pecans, blackberries. Bake until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is all melty.
Here’s the kicker: drizzle honey (good, quality honey) over the pizza, and finish it off with a hefty dose of Mama Francesca premium grated Parmesan cheese.
Voila. You just won at life.
- 1 recipe Quick Bread Dough*
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- approximately 2 tbsp for sprinkling
- 12 ounces brie cheese, cut into pieces
- 1 pint blackberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- approximately 1/2 cup honey to drizzle
- Mama Francesca Parmesan cheese for topping
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Roll bread dough into an oblong shape on a lined 9x13 baking sheet. Use your fingers to "dimple" the dough (gently poke the dough) all over.
- Brush olive oil over top. Sprinkle cinnamon over top (the amount depends on your preference for cinnamon).
- Place the pieces of brie cheese evenly over top. Evenly distribute the blackberries and pecans over top as well.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the crust starts to turn golden brown and the cheese looks melted-- like a pizza!
- Remove from oven and drizzle with honey. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cut into slices and enjoy warm!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
*add 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 tbsp of Parmesan in step 2