3-Ingredient Blueberry Shortcakes
I may be calling these “Blueberry Shortcakes” because of the familiar dessert they most resemble, but this recipe is actually inspired by a favorite fast food of mine that doesn’t have anything thing to do with strawberry shortcakes.
Bojangles is a popular Fried Chicken and Biscuits restaurant in the south, and it’s the last word in comfort food as far as I’m concerned. Their iconic BoBerry biscuit is fluffy, buttery golden, full of blueberry bits, and drenched in a sweet glaze. You could sort of compare it to a donut… but so much better!
It’s like the Krispy Kreme Hot ‘n’ Now of the biscuit world.
…you know… since a “biscuit world” is a real thing and all.
So anyway. I was in the mood for BoBerry biscuits when I went digging through my cupboards, and this is what I came out with.
Thanks to Pillsbury Grands Biscuits and canned pie filling, it’s incredibly simple to make (or, if you prefer to complicate things, the biscuits and blueberry sauce can easily be made from scratch) and comes together in just a few minutes. Eat it while the sauce and biscuits are warm and melting the ice cream, and you’ll experience a new level of BoBerry comfort you never knew existed.
- 1 can Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers Biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 21 ounce can blueberry pie filling (I used Lucky Leaf brand)
- 8 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Bake biscuits according to the directions on the package (or you can use my favorite from-scratch recipe).
- While biscuits are baking, pour the pie filling into a small saucepan and heat on the stove top (medium heat) until warmed through.
- When biscuits are done and removed from oven, split each biscuit open and top with a scoop of ice cream. Spoon the blueberry pie filling over the ice cream and top with the other half of the biscuit. Serve immediately.
This recipe can be easily adjusted to make 1-8 servings. If making less than 8, simply bake the number of biscuits needed and store the remaining biscuit dough in and airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Don’t miss a bite!
Connect with Something Swanky:
Be sure to pin these awesome recipes that begin with Pillsbury: