Thin Mint Mousse
First of all– I have something completely unrelated to Thin Mints to share with you….
But not just any guest post– this one doesn’t even involve any dessert at all.
Nope. It’s all about how I fell in love with my husband.
Super gross, mushy stuff.
It’s on a way awesome blog, written by my friend, Mackenzie.
When you’re finished with the thin mints over here, make sure to stop and check it out at
(and try not to make too much fun of me. it’s painfully mushy.)
And if you’re not interested in reading the intense details of my personal/romantic life…
well, I can’t say that I blame you. So how about some dessert??
Thin Mint Mousse anyone?
Two great things about this Mousse (aside from it’s amazing taste):
1. No precious Thin Mints required (unless you WANT to use them)
2. As always, this can be made as low sugar/cal/fat as you want (or as high!!)
I’m a texture girl, so my favorite thing about this mousse: the chocolate layer in between. Once cooled and hardened, it gives a little extra something to bite through– kind of like the chocolate coating on a thin mint!
Thin Mint Pudding Mousse
- 1 small package instant pudding mix
- 1 1/4 c. skim milk
- 1 small tub cool whip
- 1/2 tsp. peppermint extact
- 1 sleeve chocolate grahams, crushed (or thin mints, crushed)
- Approx, 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- Whisk together the pudding, milk, and peppermint extract until smooth and thick.
- Whisk in the cool whip.
- In a bowl, trifle dish, sundae glass, etc… layer the mousse, crushed grahams (or thin mints) Drizzle a thin layer of chocolate over each layer.
- Garnish with more cool whip and thin mints.
- Use chocolate syrup, sundae sauce, or even just chocolate chips instead of the melted chocolate drizzle.
Low Sugar/Cal/Fat Alternatives:
- No Sugar No Fat Instant Pudding
- Cool Whip Lite or No Sugar Cool Whip
- Reduced Sugar Graham Crackers
- Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup or Sundae Sauce instead of the Chocolate Chips
More Girl Scout Cookie Recipes:
More Pudding Mousse Recipes:
Please visit my Party Page
for a more complete index of Link Parties.
If you host a regular
link party, please add it to my Party Page
Ashton is the owner and author ofSomething Swanky. Although first and foremost a wife and mother, she considers herself an online entrepreneur, freelance writer and photographer, and brand ambassador.Her focus is in food styling, food photography and recipe development.
Latest posts by Ashton (see all)